Grand Journey of America's West end Rapid City (Summer 2019)
About Rapid City
- Sonoma: Sample local wines at a private tasting at an eco-friendly vineyard.
- Grand Canyon: Enjoy dinner with an incredible view at the Thunderbird Room, overlooking the South Rim.
- UCross Ranch: Savour a hearty ranch style Highlight Dinner, prepared by your local hosts.
- Custer: Toast to the finale of your trip at your Celebration Dinner served at your lodge within Custer State Park.
- Dining Summary: 22 Breakfasts (B), 1 Dinner (D) and 9 Dinners with wine (DW).
- San Francisco: Revisit the 'Summer of Love' with a Local Expert and former hippie at Haight-Ashbury, the iconic district where the hippie counterculture evolved.
- Los Angeles: Join a Local Expert for a behind-the-scenes tour of a historic downtown theatre.
- Grand Canyon: Join a Local Expert for an informative presentation and witness the burnt orange hues of the canyon walls.
- Monument Valley: Join a Navajo guide in an open-air vehicle to explore the iconic vistas of this Navajo Tribal Park.
- UCross: Spend your morning doing as the locals do, exploring your surroundings by horseback with a gentle ride (waiver required) led by a Local Expert.
- Deadwood: Enjoy an audience with Lakota tribe members as they share a live narrative of the Great Sioux Nation.
- Deadwood: Historical Wild West figures such as Wild Bill Hickock and Calamity Jane called Deadwood home. Learn about the Gold Rush and the town’s notable residents aboard Kevin Costner’s Original Deadwood Tour with a Local Expert.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- San Francisco: Timeless yet modern, The Westin St. Francis on Union Square, San Francisco has a vibrant, directly located on Union Square, with cable cars stopping just outside the doors.
- Sonoma: The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn and Spa is surrounded by lush vineyards and dotted with natural hot springs.
- Yosemite National Park: Stay in the park and enjoy Yosemite after the crowds have left, just a short walk to Yosemite Falls.
- Monterey: Located on Cannery Row, Monterey Plaza Hotel and Spa is the most dramatic waterfront hotel in California.
- Santa Barbara: Stay at the Double Tree Fess Parker in beautiful mission-style rooms, with views of the Pacific Ocean and the Santa Ynez Mountains.
- Los Angeles: Stay at JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE. situated in downtown L.A., within walking distance of the city's most noteworthy attractions.
- Scottsdale: Wander the grounds of this desert oasis, leaving behind your hectic lifestyle at the McCormick Scottsdale to relax and renew.
- Grand Canyon: Insight stays centrally located within the National Park. In these cases, the hotels are much more rustic and typical of the natural environment.
- Lake Powell: We guarantee rooms with lake-views, picture-perfect vistas and breathtaking sunsets at Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas.
- Zion National Park: Stay in rustic charming lodges, located right inside the National Park.
- Las Vegas: Sleek modern decor and the luxurious furnishings make every guest feel like royalty at the ARIA Resort and Casino.
- Salt Lake City: Centrally located downtown, the Hilton Salt Lake City Center offers views of the Salt Lake Valley and mountain peaks.
- Grand Teton National Park: Stay right inside the National Park at the desirable Jackson Lake Lodge. One of the largest of all the eco-friendly resorts, with breathtaking views.
- Yellowstone National Park: Insight stays centrally located within the National Park. In these cases, the hotels are much more rustic and typical of the natural environment.
- UCross: Enjoy a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere during your stay at the Ranch at UCross with the natural scenic beauty of the surroundings.
- Spearfish: Deep in the heart of beautiful canyons you will find Spearfish Canyon Lodge. Built and decorated in the style of the old lodges of the West.
- Custer State Park: Insight stays centrally located within the State Park. In these cases, the hotels are much more rustic and typical of the natural environment.
Top Rated Highlights
- Sonoma: Browse the unique shops on the historic Sonoma Plaza.
- Yosemite National Park: Experience the park's natural beauty and wildlife. See the El Capitan and Half Dome rock formations.
- Carmel-by-the-Sea: Browse the art galleries and shops in this quaint beach city.
- San Joaquin Valley: Stop at a historic fruit stand where seasonal delights are grown, farmed, and sold.
- Scenic Drives: 17-Mile Drive past the Pebble Beach Golf Links.
- Santa Barbara: Visit Mission Santa Barbara, a historic Spanish mission founded by the Franciscan order in 1786.
- Los Angeles: Drive along Sunset Boulevard, see the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Grauman's Chinese Theatre.
- San Francisco: See the iconic cable cars, Union Square and Golden Gate Bridge.
- Sedona: Visit this Red Rock Country artists' colony, set in Sedona's majestic red rock landscape.
- Cameron: Stop at the historic Trading Post, established in the early 1900s as a place where Native American's traded wool and livestock.
- Lake Powell: A testament to the power of water over rock, glide through the narrow sandstone turns of Antelope Canyon during your cruise.
- Glen Canyon: Visit the dam that stands 710 feet or 216 meters high, and provides water and power to western communities.
- Bryce Canyon National Park: Enjoy the rugged beauty with a leisurely walk along Sunset Point to view the hoodoos.
- Zion National Park: The most relaxing and informative way to see the grandeur and natural features of the canyon is by a private shuttle that includes live commentary.
- Grand Teton National Park: Take in panoramic views of the beautiful Jenny Lake, a glacial formation that dates back over 10,000 years.
- Yellowstone: See Upper Geyser Basin, which boasts the highest concentration of spouting geysers, hot springs and steaming fumaroles in the world.
- Cody: Explore the award-winning Buffalo Bill Center of the West, known for its excellent Western art collection and natural history.
- Black Hills: Witness the huge Crazy Horse Memorial and the famous Mount Rushmore National Memorial.